Monday, November 2, 2020

My T-SHIRT Memories - Part 3 (Civil Engineering Shirts)

I am posting My T-Shirt Memories - Part 3 in this blog since it is about civil engineering. Read Part 1 (UP Shirts) and Part 2 (Apple Moments) at http://goodlife4less.blogspot.com. 

November is "Civil Engineering Month" and it is timely to post my CE related shirts.

PICE III Technical Conference T-Shirt.  Let me start with my PICE shirt. This shirt is one of the token given during the Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers Region III Technical Conference held on April 13-14, 2018 at Subic Bay Peninsular Hotel, Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Zambales. I remember giving two lectures then; one on "Seismic Assessment & Retrofitting Lessons from Japan" and "Making Cities Resilient." My lectures are very relevant to the T-shirt message of "Building Tomorrow, Today." Joining me as resource speakers were DLSU Faculty, Dr, Lessandro Garciano, Dr. Alexis Fillone and Dr. Marla Redillas. Dr. Romy Estanero, retired DLSU professor and now CE PRB member was also a resource speaker. Michael David, a DLSU BSCE alumnus was the organizer of the event.

PICE III Technical Conference Shirt

CE Changing the World.  I was a resource speaker at the Academe Session of the Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers (PICE) National Convention on October 29, 2019 at the SMX Convention Center. I presented a paper on "Implementing the CE Orientation Course in the Revised BSCE Curriculum" with co-authors L. Garciano, R. Mendoza, Jr. and K. Roquel.

During the break, I visited the exhibit area where various PICE shirts were sold. Most of the civil engineers were excited buying shirts with a PICE logo. In my case, I was looking for a unique design and this design caught my eye  - "CE: Changing the World: One Blueprint at a Time." Indeed, civil engineers are changing the world and contribute to building the quality of life. And that was the message on our Civil Engineering Orientation Course for Freshmen at De La Salle University.

CE Changing The World Shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment