Monday, July 25, 2022

Nagoya Adventures (Mad in Japan): Memories with Pinoy Students and Friends (1988 - 1994)

Living in a foreign country where you do not speak fluently the language like Japan makes one lonely and homesick. In my five and six months stay at Nagoya, Japan from 1988 to 1994 as a graduate student (M. Eng and D. Eng), keeping myself connected with my family in the Philippines kept me going and surviving. But in time, you will develop friendship with fellow scholars from other countries. But bonding with fellow Pinoys is really different and the experience is that "you may be faraway but feels like close to home." Presented in this blog are compilation of photos with my fellow Filipinos  (students, OFWs and friends).  Enjoy our Nagoya Adventures!

Nagoya Adventures #1 - Highlights: Our first bike tour around Nagoya - our team - Mel, Jerry, William, Joe, Cynthia and myself travelled by bicyle around Nagoya visiting the Nagoya Expo 89 passing through Tsurumai park. Other highlights are our Sunday sports activity at the Nagoya University Gymnasium, Bowling, Midnight Gomi Bazaar, Get-together at my apartment at Misato-en and Obon-o-dori with foreign students.


Nagoya Adventures #2 - A trip to Higashiyama Zoo and Botanical Gardens, Our outing at Toyohashi and Gifu with Pinoy students and friends, AFSA trip to Inuyama. 


Nagoya Adventures #3  - Highlights:My Kyoto Trip, Pinoy students participating in the AFSA Foreign Students' Night and Pinoy Get-Together at Sakurayama Foreign Students House. 




No comments:

Post a Comment